Serving Central Oregon for 25 years, Leading Edge Aviation is happy to announce its continued growth and success in the aviation industry with the newest addition to its fleet of over 20 aircraft: the Bell 407 GX helicopter. “The 407GX is equipped with various advanced safety features, with the well-being of our staff and contract crew-members in mind” stated Andrew Lawrence, Leading Edge Aviation’s 135 Chief pilot.
Leading Edge Aviation, determined to purchase a safe, reliable and skill enhancing aircraft for its charter operations, chose the Bell 407 GX due to its outstanding safety record and performance abilities. High visibility windows wrap the helicopter, providing increased ability for the flight crew to spot potential hazards. The Bell 407GX is equipped with a Garmin G1000H GPS system that enhances safety in all flight operations. Two large LCD screens, with a primary flight display (PFD)and multi-function display (MFD) make it easy to enter victor radio frequencies and navigate to waypoints in complex traffic environments.
Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System (HTAWS) and Synthetic Vision gives the pilot and flight crew an increased situational awareness. The 407 is equipped with the Fuel on Board (FOB) synchronizing system, that automatically calculates the remaining useable fuel, flight time, and maximum distance the helicopter can travel at the current power setting, wind, altitude and ground speed. Another safety feature of the aircraft is the tail rotor camera, which gives the crew a view of the rear of the helicopter prior to startup, and while landing in confined areas.
With access to two 407 GX helicopter’s, Leading Edge anticipates an increase in contract and charter operations throughout the United States. Leading Edge Aviation is a Bend, Oregon based full-service aviation company, with experience providing fire suppression services since 2008. Leading Edge is a Part 133, 135 and 137 Certificated Operator and also maintains a Part 145 Repair Station. Leading Edge has a staff of over 80 people to help support field operations.
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution