Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway for better customer support and efficiency selling its Bardufoss operations (Patria Helicopters AS) to Kongsberg Aviation Maintenance Services (KAMS) of which Patria owns 49,9% of the shares. The deal is effective from July 1, 2020.
“The main purpose of the deal is to help the Norwegian Armed Forces to increase the availability of their NH90 fleet. KAMS is a strategic partner of the Norwegian Armed Forces, and the Bardufoss operations will have much better opportunities to operate within a bigger Norwegian entity in future”, states Jukka Holkeri, President of Patria’s International Support Partnerships business unit.
In Bardufoss, there is a one-stop shop for maintenance, repair and overhaul services specialised in the maintenance of helicopters. Patria acquired the unit in 2011. The unit employs 27 persons.
KAMS supply maintenance, repair and modification services for aircraft, helicopters, components and field equipment to the Norwegian Armed Forces and other military and civilian organizations. It is located in Kjeller and Rygge in Norway, and the company employs 285 persons.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter