Russian Helicopters Holding (part of Rostec State Corporation) transferred two Mi-8MTV-1 helicopters manufactured by the Kazan Helicopter Plant to AK Yamal, both of which are designed to fulfill missions in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District and will be based in Salekhard.
Mi-8MTV-1 helicopters made for the Yamal Airlines are used to transport goods and passengers. The machines are equipped with two gas-turbine highly economical domestic engines TV3-117VM and the main gearbox VR-14. The power of each engine is 2200 hp. Helicopters are equipped with auxiliary power units, providing the function of an emergency source of electricity in flight in the event of a generator failure.
Each aircraft is equipped with an external cable suspension, on which it is possible to carry cargo, with a maximum weight of 4 tons, depending on the flight range, the height of landing sites above sea level, air temperature and a number of other factors. Also, preparation of places for the installation of an onboard boom with a winch, allowing rescue operations, was carried out. Inside salons prepared places for additional fuel tanks.
Earlier, at the end of 2019, two Mi-8MTV-1 helicopters were handed over to Yamal Airlines, in 2017-2018. – the customer purchased five helicopters of the same series produced by KVZ.
Mi-8MTV-1 multi-purpose helicopters have unique flight technical and operational characteristics, they can be used in almost all climatic conditions. The design and equipment of the Mi-8MTV-1 helicopter makes it possible to operate it autonomously based on unequipped sites.
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone