The United Arab Emirates Joint Aviation Command (JAC) conducted combined naval and air training operations with forces assigned to U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (NAVCENT) and U.S. Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT) in the southern Arabian Gulf, June 21-25.
The Air Operations in Maritime Surface Warfare (AOMSW) training, consisted of a combination of aviation and surface assets tracking and engaging simulated fast attack craft. The expeditionary sea base USS Lewis B. Puller (ESB 3) served as an afloat staging platform for the UAE and U.S. aircraft.
UAE pilots also successfully completed deck landing qualifications (DLQs) aboard the Puller, conducting day and night landings and refueling operations with CH-47F, Bell 407, AH-64D, and UH-60M helicopters.
Participating U.S. forces included the P-8 Poseidon maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft assigned to NAVCENT, and the AFCENT Air Warfare Center (AWC) located at Al Dhafra Air Base, UAE.
Integration operations between UAE and U.S. maritime forces are regularly held to maintain interoperability, ensure freedom of navigation and the free flow of commerce throughout the heavily trafficked waterways.
“These training opportunities reinforce partnership commitments in the region, enhance interoperability, and demonstrate UAE and U.S. resolve to respond to threats in the region,” said Brigadier Gen. Matthew Trollinger, Commander of Task Force 51/5th Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB).
Puller supports Task Force 51/5th MEB’s broad range of missions in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations which include crisis response, airborne mine countermeasures, counter-piracy operations, maritime security operations, and humanitarian assistance/disaster.
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades