A little-used fire station in Klamath Falls is now serving as an emergency dispatch airport, thanks to a partnership between AirLink Critical Care Transport, and Klamath County Fire District #1.
Medical transport company AirLink has come in for a landing at Klamath County Fire District Station #5 near the Running ‘Y’.
“This is a little more self-contained.” Notes AirLink Program Director Diedre Heinrich, comparing the station to quarters at the local airport. “We actually can do our fueling right here, because we have a special fuel trailer. It’s actually the perfect setup for our crew.”
Station 5 at Lakeshore drive and Highway 140 was completed about 12 years ago.
Fire Chief Greg Davis says the partnership with AirLink provides a good use for the station. “We know that they’re a resource that we need in this community, and we know what they’re capable of providing in some extreme circumstances.”
“They’ve been very supportive of us,” complimented Heinrich. “I think it’s given some life to this station.”
Heinrich adds the main goal of the partnership is to provide better service. “We want to be a great service and support to this community – and I think we’re stronger because of that collaboration.”
AirLink will still maintain space at the Crater Lake / Klamath Regional Airport for fixed-wing operations.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet