Deputy Premier John Barilaro and Member for Dubbo Dugald Saunders today visited the Narromine Aerodrome Industrial Park, where sustainable aerospace company AMSL Aero will test its electric Vertical TakeOff and Landing (eVTOL) vehicles.
Mr Barilaro, who inspected a flight-capable scale model of the aircraft, said the flying car will have the potential to revolutionise transport across regional NSW.
“The potential benefits this technology can deliver will overcome the tyranny of distance that we face in regional NSW, meaning people can easily travel to jobs, visit friends and family in remote locations and deliver tourists to hard to reach outback havens,” Mr Barilaro said.
“Imagine the convenience of having a flying car land in your suburb when you need to travel to a regional destination that is not serviced by an airport.
“It sounds like science fiction but the reality is a future where this is possible, practical and affordable is not that far away and I am proud that our investment attraction grant will help the development of this new technology and support jobs in regional NSW.”
AMSL Aero co-founder and CEO Andrew Moore said he is delighted to partner with the NSW Government to help scale up operations in the state’s Central West.
“We are excited by the opportunity to use this grant to help us prepare for our upcoming launch and build essential testing facilities,” Mr Moore said.
Member for Dubbo Dugald Saunders said AMSL will be the first operation moving into the new Narromine Aerodrome precinct, which is due to be completed by the end of July 2020 and was made possible by a $750,000 NSW Government Growing Local Economies grant.
“It’s fantastic to see businesses expanding and bringing job opportunities to the electorate of Dubbo, especially given the drought and COVID-19 has forced many locals out of work recently,” Mr Saunders said.
“We are a resilient bunch, we have a dynamic workforce here in Dubbo, and here is the perfect location for a company like AMSL Aero to expand and grow.”
Narromine Shire Council mayor Craig Davies said the AMSL Aero facility will be an inspiring anchor tenant in the new Narromine Aerodrome Industrial Park that exemplifies the vision of Council to create a quality hitech aviation precinct.
“The AMSL initiative complements the aim of the Aviation Industrial Park and leads a field of local and international aviation related companies showing interest in the development. With favourable year round flying conditions, it is ideally located,“ Mr Davies said.
“The Narromine Aviation Industrial Park is a co-funded project that has been the beneficiary of NSW state government funding via the Growing Local Economies Fund and the Narromine Shire Council.”
AMSL Aero with Narromine Shire Council will begin construction of its facility later this year, with testing expected to commence in early 2021.
The NSW Government’s $20 million Regional Investment Attraction Fund provides grants to eligible businesses that want to invest and grow in regional NSW, creating new jobs and economic opportunities.
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades