Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, is strengthening its customer service and support offerings with the acquisition of Zhenjiang Aerochine Aviation Limited to increase Bell’s helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) capabilities in China. Previously appointed as an Authorized Maintenance Center, the acquired Zhenjiang Aerochine – now Zhenjiang Bell Textron Aviation Service Co. Ltd (Zhenjiang Bell) – was a wholly owned subsidiary of Aerochine Aviation Limited.
Zhenjiang Bell is a part 145 repair station certified by the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC). The acquisition enables Bell to directly provide MRO services to operators in China for the Bell 407 and 206 models, with plans to add all operational models, including Bell 505, Bell 429, Bell 412 and legacy models, in the future.
“Bell is known worldwide for its industry-leading support and services, and this milestone will enhance our award-winning customer service in China,” said Michael Reagan, Director of Bell Support & Services – International. “The growing fleet in China warrants an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) MRO center, so we decided to further increase our investment in China.”
“This acquisition showcases our commitment to provide our know-how and expertise to our customers locally,” said Jacinto Monge, Managing Director of Bell North Asia. “Our customers are our priority, and we will continue to focus on providing them with an excellent experience throughout the lifetime of their aircraft, right here in China.”
“Celebration Aerochine’s 10-year anniversary as a Bell Independent Representative, the sale of the MRO operation is a vote of confidence and recognition of the company’s contribution in the China market. We will continue to work alongside Bell to serve our customers.” said Diana Chou, Founder & Chairman of Aerochine.
Since entering the Chinese market, Bell has become a key player in the Chinese helicopter market. There are approximately 200 Bell helicopters operating across China. That number is expected to continuously grow in the coming years.
In addition to the new MRO center- Zhenjiang Bell Textron Aviation Service Co. Ltd., Bell also has a supply center in Shanghai and multiple authorized maintenance facilities providing MRO support to its customers.
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades