[electronic translation] On July 10, the Brazilian Navy received the second UH-17 aircraft in the 1st General Employment Helicopter Squadron (EsqdHU-1). With the N-7091 aircraft, another phase of the Aircraft Procurement Contract for the “Antarctic” Operation is concluded.
The obtainment of UH-17 aircraft has the main objective of avoiding a gap in air operations embarked on ships that support the Brazilian Antarctic Program (PROANTAR). This new means is added to the N-7090 aircraft to bring new operational capabilities to the EsqdHU-1, in view of its large and easily accessible cabin, the greater maximum take-off weight, the greater hook load capacity, and new and most reliable avionics equipment compatible with Night Vision Goggles (UFOs).
The increase in the availability of aircraft with modern systems, supported by a Logistics Support Contract with the aircraft and engine manufacturer, is the result of negotiations between the Brazilian Navy, Helibras and Safran.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000