Within vertical aviation, there are pilots, mechanics and engineers, safety professionals, and others who go above and beyond to pursue professional excellence. Their dedication is an inspiration to us all.
The HAI Salute to Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all forms of vertical aviation. As our industry evolves, HAI is excited to announce that professionals working with unmanned aircraft systems (UAS, or drones) are now eligible for each of the nine awards we present. The vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) industry is becoming more diverse, and HAI will recognize excellence wherever we find it, including among those who operate, fly, or maintain drones. We look forward to honoring your efforts alongside those of other rotorcraft sectors.
Go to rotor.org/salute and nominate an exceptional individual or organization today! Anyone may submit a nomination, and anyone may be nominated. HAI membership is not required.
We recommend that you put some thought into your nomination. It’s not enough to say, “This person is great and deserves an award.” Winning nominations must make the case for that nominee’s selection as the outstanding entrant of the year. To give your nominee the best chance of selection, you need to tell us their story and back it up with supporting material. Use this opportunity to illustrate their passion for their job and the industry; tell us HOW they did their job so well and WHY that was important to their colleagues, their customers, or the industry at large.
With HAI HELI-EXPO 2021 in New Orleans scheduled for Mar. 22–25, the deadline to submit Salute to Excellence Awards nominations is Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
Don’t let exemplary performance in our industry go unrecognized: nominate a pilot, mechanic/engineer, CFI, or other vertical aviation professional today!
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000