The delivery of the first of two AW169 twin-engine training helicopters to the Italian Army heralds the start of a new programme – the Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) – that will see our platform enable a step-change in capability to the operator and the country.
The next-generation training helicopters will train crews in preparation for the transition to the new advanced multirole LUH helicopter, developed on the AW169 dual-use baseline specifically for the Italian Army.
The LUH configuration will leverage the AW169M military helicopter baseline, developed to meet the specific needs of the Italian government operators and which is a further example of our close work with customers to develop tailored configurations of our platforms to meet specific mission requirements. One single new-generation platform which is aimed at progressively replacing a range of ageing types in different classes.
The AW169’s mission systems, equipment, avionics, sensors and airframe, as well as other specific features, can all be adapted to the operator’s needs, while a common baseline imparts advantages in interoperability, logistics and training.
The Italian Army’s LUH programme will deliver logistic, operational, technical, certification and training efficiencies in the growing AW169 fleets of government operators across Italy, resulting in outstandingly effective and safe joint homeland security and emergency response missions.
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone