The delivery of the first of two AW169 twin-engine training helicopters to the Italian Army heralds the start of a new programme – the Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) – that will see our platform enable a step-change in capability to the operator and the country.
The next-generation training helicopters will train crews in preparation for the transition to the new advanced multirole LUH helicopter, developed on the AW169 dual-use baseline specifically for the Italian Army.
The LUH configuration will leverage the AW169M military helicopter baseline, developed to meet the specific needs of the Italian government operators and which is a further example of our close work with customers to develop tailored configurations of our platforms to meet specific mission requirements. One single new-generation platform which is aimed at progressively replacing a range of ageing types in different classes.
The AW169’s mission systems, equipment, avionics, sensors and airframe, as well as other specific features, can all be adapted to the operator’s needs, while a common baseline imparts advantages in interoperability, logistics and training.
The Italian Army’s LUH programme will deliver logistic, operational, technical, certification and training efficiencies in the growing AW169 fleets of government operators across Italy, resulting in outstandingly effective and safe joint homeland security and emergency response missions.
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week
- Air Methods appoints SVP of Clinical Services
- Brazil approves Van Horn Bell 206 v2 composite blades
- Wolfson Childrens Hospital adds helicopter