Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced the Bell 505 has been accepted by the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) for airworthiness certification in the United Republic of Tanzania, making it the sixth country in Africa to certify the aircraft.
“The Bell 505 is renowned the world over for delivering best-in-class value to our customers, and now, with TCAA’s type acceptance, we are excited to serve the needs of Tanzania with the latest in helicopter technology. With superior visibility from every seat, low cost of operations, and the availability of multi-mission configurations, the Bell 505 is the perfect platform from which to explore Tanzania’s natural beauty, while also serving the daily needs of charter and tourism operators, search and rescue, and para-public organizations,” said Sameer Rehman, Managing Director for Africa and Middle East. “The Bell ownership experience is coupled with our award-winning and industry-leading aftermarket support.”
Type certified for operations up to 22,500 feet density altitude following the completion of high-altitude testing in Nepal in mid-2019, the Bell 505 has seen more than 260 worldwide deliveries with more than 45,000 flight hours logged since its first delivery in March 2017.
With a speed of 125 knots (232 kilometers per hour) and a useful load of 1,500 pounds (680 kilograms), the Bell 505 is designed to be safe and easy to fly while providing significant value to the operator.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine