To combat seasonal fires, Volga-Dnepr Airlines delivered two helicopters from Almaty (Kazakhstan) to Kuala Lumpur for PT Komala Indonesia. Both vehicles will actively participate in the fight against seasonal fires in Malaysia.
Two Mi-8 helicopters, the total weight of which amounted to more than 20 tons, were transported along with spare parts, tools and accessories on board the Il-76TD-90VD. For the safety of cargo and safe handling, some parts of the helicopters were disassembled and packed separately for transportation.
Over the more than thirty years of its existence, Volga-Dnepr Group has accumulated expertise in the transportation of helicopters using a diversified fleet of An-124-100, Il-76TD-90VD cargo aircraft, Boeing 747-400F / -8F and Boeing 737-400SF / 800BCF. On average, the company transports about 45 helicopters a year for various purposes – providing humanitarian aid, conducting rescue operations, to participate in aerospace shows and conferences and other events.
“30 years of experience in the aviation logistics market allow us to provide our customers with the most effective and safe solutions for the transportation of goods. This is confirmed by the number of flights we operate for our customers around the world every year. We work closely with customers and manufacturers to work out all procedures for the safe loading / unloading of helicopters. Our specialists draw up a detailed plan and cover all stages of transportation, from the formation of a special loading plan and design of the necessary loading equipment to interaction with the accompanying cargo, “said Ekaterina Andreeva, Commercial Director of Volga-Dnepr Airlines.
One of the unique features of helicopter transportation is the geography of flights. With the current spread of COVID-19, such charters are being organized with even greater care. Not only the aircraft, but also the cargo undergoes sanitization and disinfection, and the crew members are equipped with the necessary set of personal protective equipment.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring