To combat seasonal fires, Volga-Dnepr Airlines delivered two helicopters from Almaty (Kazakhstan) to Kuala Lumpur for PT Komala Indonesia. Both vehicles will actively participate in the fight against seasonal fires in Malaysia.
Two Mi-8 helicopters, the total weight of which amounted to more than 20 tons, were transported along with spare parts, tools and accessories on board the Il-76TD-90VD. For the safety of cargo and safe handling, some parts of the helicopters were disassembled and packed separately for transportation.
Over the more than thirty years of its existence, Volga-Dnepr Group has accumulated expertise in the transportation of helicopters using a diversified fleet of An-124-100, Il-76TD-90VD cargo aircraft, Boeing 747-400F / -8F and Boeing 737-400SF / 800BCF. On average, the company transports about 45 helicopters a year for various purposes – providing humanitarian aid, conducting rescue operations, to participate in aerospace shows and conferences and other events.
“30 years of experience in the aviation logistics market allow us to provide our customers with the most effective and safe solutions for the transportation of goods. This is confirmed by the number of flights we operate for our customers around the world every year. We work closely with customers and manufacturers to work out all procedures for the safe loading / unloading of helicopters. Our specialists draw up a detailed plan and cover all stages of transportation, from the formation of a special loading plan and design of the necessary loading equipment to interaction with the accompanying cargo, “said Ekaterina Andreeva, Commercial Director of Volga-Dnepr Airlines.
One of the unique features of helicopter transportation is the geography of flights. With the current spread of COVID-19, such charters are being organized with even greater care. Not only the aircraft, but also the cargo undergoes sanitization and disinfection, and the crew members are equipped with the necessary set of personal protective equipment.
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades