In July 2020, a long-standing and loyal Bell customer, Henley Air, launched its very own ROCKET (Rapid On Call Emergency Transport) Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) operating six Bell 222 UT helicopters.
ROCKET offers the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) industry in South Africa a neutral and independent helicopter ambulance service of unmatched quality. The service established an in-house call center, tasked with evaluating medical flight criteria and ensuring facility acceptance, along with managing the complex logistics involved in every HEMS call-out.
Henley Air is a family owned and managed helicopter company that has provided safe and reliable helicopter-related services to the South African market for more than 22 years. With a strong and lasting relationship, Henley Air has demonstrated and executed life-saving missions with the support and reliability of Bell products, such as the Bell 222 UT, which provides internal space and long-range capability, in excess of 320 nautical miles (nm). Henley Air also boasts the only South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) approved and certified Bell 222 simulator which is the only kind in the world, ensuring that crews are always fully prepared for any situation or mission, even those that are difficult and risky to simulate during in-aircraft training.
Bell congratulates Henley Air on their new endeavor and remains committed to supporting our customers and their various missions.
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades