Babcock has secured two new five-year contracts in the UK and Denmark to provide energy major Total with helicopter transport in the North Sea.
The contracts, which were won in a competitive tender, will see Babcock’s Offshore business operate a mix of S-92 and H175 helicopters for Total in the UK. Flights from Aberdeen will get underway from October. In a separate contract Babcock Denmark will also start H175 operations for Total out of a new base in Esbjerg.
The new contract awards come less than one month after Babcock started flights for another new customer group out of the Shetland Islands.
Babcock Offshore Director, Ian Cooke, said: “This new award is good news for Babcock’s operations in the North Sea.
“Not only will we provide five years of service for Total in the UK, but we are also expanding our footprint into Denmark.
“We are committed to the offshore market and this is another clear indicator of our determination to deliver safe and reliable services.
“We are looking forward to working with Total and providing safe and efficient helicopter services in the UK and Denmark for years to come.”
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business