Rotor Accessories has created another product for the R44 helicopter market inspired by their own first hand knowledge of owning and operating the world’s most produced general aviation rotorcraft. Their new tear resistant, mylar sunshades block 97% of radiant heat and are custom designed to fit snuggly both bubble and standard R44 in windows. The seven shade set blocks the sun’s heat generating rays, protecting both the helicopter’s avionics and the interior. When not in use, the less-than-two pound set packs nicely in a small tent style bag that is included with your purchase. This bag is easily stowed under any of the R44 seats when in flight.
“We’re always our first customer when it comes to our products, if it’s something we’d like to see on the market that doesn’t exist, we get to work on understanding and quantifying why. If we think others will benefit, that’s when we bring it to market” said Chris Fetner Chief Product Officer of Rotor Accessories.
The product was field tested in both Southern California and Texas, two extreme climates to ensure they met the high standard Rotor Accessories places on its products. The shades are hand made in Los Angeles and feature suction cups on the side window shades while the front fit snugly without other assistance.
“As a pilot I was getting really tired of getting into my aircraft after a short break on the ground and having it be unbearably hot, or my iPad overheated. I also didn’t want to have to carry my heavy, bulky full cover. These shades are the perfect compromise and are always with me since we got the final prototype finished” said Fetner who is also a commercial helicopter pilot himself.
The shades are available at www.rotoraccessries.com with a special introductory price now through July 25th, 2020.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work