Boeing [NYSE: BA] recently signed a $265 million contract for nine more MH-47G Block II Chinook helicopters that employees in its Philadelphia plant will assemble for the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command (USASOAC).
Boeing is now on contract for 24 of the next-generation Chinooks. The MH-47G Block II Chinook features an improved structure and weight reduction initiatives like new lighter weight fuel pods that increase performance, efficiency, and commonality across the fleet. The new Chinooks will give the Army significantly more capability for extremely challenging missions.
“The G-Model is a critical asset for the Army, our nation, and the defense industrial base,” said Andy Builta, vice president and H-47 program manager. “We’re honored that the Army’s special operators trust us to deliver it.”
Boeing has more than 4,600 Boeing employees in Pennsylvania supporting H-47 Chinook, V-22 Osprey, MH-139A Grey Wolf and a number of services and engineering efforts. Boeing’s presence, including suppliers and vendors, supports an estimated 16,000 total jobs in Pennsylvania.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)