As part of the Single Day of Acceptance of Military Products, the Kazan Helicopter Plant of the Russian Helicopters holding (part of the Rostec State Corporation) handed over to the Russian Ministry of Defense five Mi-8MTV-5-1 military transport helicopters. This is the final batch of helicopters delivered under a 2011 contract with the Ministry of Defense.
Rostec handed over a batch of Mi-8MTV-5-1 for the RF Ministry of Defense ahead of schedule
The Mi-8MTV-5-1 helicopters passed all types of tests stipulated by the terms of the state contract, technical documentation and were accepted by the military mission.
“The vehicles are equipped with modern domestic-made UV-26M protection equipment. The helicopter fuselage has been adapted for the installation of the L-370 electronic warfare system,” said Yuri Pustovgarov, managing director of the Kazan Helicopter Plant, in a report to Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu .
The military transport helicopter Mi-8MTV-5-1, supplied to various power structures of the Russian Federation, belongs to the Mi-8/17 family and is designed to transport cargo and equipment weighing up to 4 tons and perform various special tasks. Also, the machine can be used for search and rescue operations. The cockpit is equipped with lighting equipment adapted for the use of night vision goggles, which allows flying in the dark at low and extremely low altitudes, as well as taking off and landing on unmarked sites. The helicopter is equipped with modern communication systems.
Among the features of the Mi-8MTV-5-1 are the shape of the bow (“dolphin nose”), as well as the extended left door. Instead of the standard manual flaps, there is a ramp that opens using a hydraulic drive, which significantly reduces the time it takes to prepare the helicopter for loading and unloading.
For many years of operation, the Mi-8MTV-5-1 helicopter has proved that it successfully copes with tasks in any climatic conditions and is rightfully one of the best in its class in the world.
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation
- HAL completes hot and high trials with LUH in Himalayas
- FreeFlight Systems radar altimeters now STC approved on Airbus H125