Within vertical aviation, there are pilots, mechanics and engineers, safety professionals, and others who go above and beyond to pursue professional excellence. Their dedication is an inspiration to us all.
The HAI Salute to Excellence Awards recognize outstanding achievement in all forms of vertical aviation. As our industry evolves, HAI is excited to announce that professionals working with unmanned aircraft systems (UAS, or drones) are now eligible for each of the nine awards we present. The vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) industry is becoming more diverse, and HAI will recognize excellence wherever we find it, including among those who operate, fly, or maintain drones. We look forward to honoring your efforts alongside those of other rotorcraft sectors.
Go to rotor.org/salute and nominate an exceptional individual or organization today! Anyone may submit a nomination, and anyone may be nominated. HAI membership is not required.
We recommend that you put some thought into your nomination. It’s not enough to say, “This person is great and deserves an award.” Winning nominations must make the case for that nominee’s selection as the outstanding entrant of the year. To give your nominee the best chance of selection, you need to tell us their story and back it up with supporting material. Use this opportunity to illustrate their passion for their job and the industry; tell us HOW they did their job so well and WHY that was important
to their colleagues, their customers, or the industry at large.
With HAI HELI-EXPO 2021 in New Orleans scheduled for Mar. 22–25, the deadline to submit Salute to Excellence Awards nominations is Friday, Oct. 30, 2020.
Don’t let exemplary performance in our industry go unrecognized: nominate a pilot, mechanic/engineer, CFI, or other vertical aviation professional today!
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work