Helicentre Aviation Academy has extended the deadline of its 2020 Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. Applicants now have until 31st December 2020 to apply for the scholarships which include a fully-funded modular Commercial Pilot’s Licence, a Flight Instructor Course, and a number of part-funded sponsorships worth over £150,000 in total. The programme is open to all Helicentre Aviation students who obtain their PPL(H) at the Academy before the deadline.
The scholarship programme, which has been hugely successful in identifying stand-out future helicopter pilots, is now in its eighth year. It was originally designed to meet the company’s ongoing requirement for suitably qualified flight crew, training and developing them in-house for Commercial Air Transport and Flight Training roles, but it quickly formed part of the natural crew supply chain to industry, with previous scholarship winners moving into Oil and Gas, HEMS, and other onshore roles.
The Academy has always taken pride in its positive and forward-thinking approach to recruitment, creating career pathways and continuing to invest in professional development through its scholarship programme, even during the COVID pandemic. Since the programme began in 2012, the company has awarded in excess of £750k worth of professional training to successful applicants, creating life-changing career opportunities for new pilots.
Earlier this year Helicentre Aviation were delighted to announce the award of its 2019 scholarships. Tom Barnard from London received a fully-funded Commercial Pilot (CPL) Scholarship, and Sam Wyss from Lichfield was awarded a Flight Instructor (FI) scholarship. For the first time a brand new “Bristow” CPL(H) Scholarship was awarded to James Lee from Birmingham, strengthening the industry partnership Helicentre Aviation and Bristow Helicopters formed last year. The scholarship will provide James with a fully-funded 35-hour modular CPL(H) course, whilst he is mentored by Bristow towards the Oil and Gas career pathway he strives to achieve in the future. Several part-funded scholarships were also awarded to finalists.
Applications are now open for the Helicentre Aviation 2020 Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme and prospective applicants can register their interest and download the application form at www.helicopterscholarships.com
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation
- HAL completes hot and high trials with LUH in Himalayas
- FreeFlight Systems radar altimeters now STC approved on Airbus H125
- Nakanihon Air reinforces utility capabilities with new H215 order