In AAK “Progress” them. N.I. Sazykin of the Russian Helicopters holding (part of the Rostec State Corporation) , the first flight of a prototype of the newest modernized Ka-52 helicopter took place. All the best technical solutions previously tested on helicopters produced both within the framework of the State Defense Order and for export will be applied on this machine.
Helicopter Ka-52M made its first flight
The new Ka-52M helicopter has an upgraded optoelectronic system with an increased target detection and recognition range, a new digital drive, which will improve the aiming accuracy when firing a cannon. The upgraded Ka-52 also received a new radar complex with an active phased antenna array and a guided missile with an increased range.
The Ka-52M main rotor blades are equipped with a more powerful heating element, which will allow the helicopter to operate over the entire temperature range, including Arctic conditions. The helicopter is equipped with landing gear wheels with a higher load-bearing capacity and wear resistance, as well as lighting equipment based on LEDs. The modernized Alligator also has a new cockpit interior, which will ensure the fulfillment of modern ergonomic requirements, including when piloting in the dark with night vision goggles.
“Large-scale reconstruction and technical re-equipment of production within the framework of the federal target program allowed us to significantly expand the technological capabilities of AAK Progress and start producing more advanced and reliable military equipment – modernized Ka-52 helicopters in the interests of the Russian armed forces. The enterprise has created new production facilities. , “bottlenecks” were eliminated, worn-out equipment was replaced, the range was expanded and the labor intensity of manufacturing products was reduced. Thanks to the achieved increase in production efficiency, labor productivity and the quality of products, the enterprise has reached a new level today, “said the Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Denis Manturov .
“On behalf of the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation, last year we started development work on the modernization of the Ka-52 helicopter, taking into account the experience of its combat use. In broad cooperation with the enterprises of the aviation cluster of the State Corporation Rostec, we have created a virtually new machine, which has improved characteristics and The missile armament of the Ka-52M is unified with the armament of another newest helicopter, the Mi-28NM, which has made it possible to significantly increase the range of engagement of targets, “said Andrey Boginsky, General Director of the Russian Helicopters holding .
Flight tests of the Ka-52M will be carried out by specialists from the developer – JSC NCV Mil and Kamov, together with specialists from AAK Progress. Part of the test stages will be carried out on the territory of the manufacturer, and then the machines will be transferred to the developer. At the end of the preliminary acceptance tests, state joint tests will begin.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work