AEM has found a new address to call home at 907 Ethel Street, between Bay and Crowley Ave.
As a result of continued growth and AEM’s expanded capabilities in the research, development and manufacture of specialty aviation solutions, the 11 year old avionics company has outgrown their facility at 1925 Kirschner Road and have unveiled plans for their new home in Kelowna’s North End.
“Our Central Okanagan location is just one of many reasons behind our success, but first and foremost, it’s our people ”, explained Brian Wall, CEO of AEM; “lifestyle is important to the health and happiness of our employees, and our new home at the base of Knox Mountain will offer incredible amenities and greenspace for them to enjoy”.
The 40,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility will be constructed by Emil Anderson Construction (EAC), a fourth-generation construction company well-known in British Columbia for excellence in major infrastructure projects throughout Western Canada as well as residential projects with subsidiary, Dilworth Homes in Kelowna.
“The Central Okanagan offers a number of excellent construction companies to choose from” said Wall, “…we wanted to partner with a local group who shared similar values, had a long track record of success, and was well-known as a dependable, reliable organization.”
Wall spearheaded the search for a suitable location and construction partner and is excited to see the project moving forward. “AEM has experienced substantial growth both in revenue and in our workforce. Our new facility will be bigger, more efficient, and will offer a better lay-out for improved processes, so we can continue to provide world-class products and services to our customers across the globe.”
Construction of the new facility is expected to begin in the fall, with completion anticipated in July 2021.
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation
- HAL completes hot and high trials with LUH in Himalayas