MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) completed a 5,000-hour airframe overhaul, multiple inspections, repairs, and modifications on an MD 902 Explorer for Missouri-based CoxHealth. In partnership with Air Methods Corporation, CoxHealth operates Cox Air Care with two MD 902 Explorers. Cox Air Care provides vital helicopter air ambulance (HAA) service throughout southwest Missouri and parts of northwest Arkansas from its bases at Cox South in Springfield and Citizens Memorial Healthcare in Bolivar, Mo.
“Cox entrusted our MDHI team to perform a significant amount of work on their aircraft in addition to an overhaul, including inspections, a nose-mounted SX-5 Night Sun installation, roof rib bracket upgrade, and thruster modification,” Nick Nenadovic, Vice President, Aftermarket and Customer Support. “Due to our exceptional workforce, full tooling, maintenance, inspection, and equipment availability, MD’s Factory Service Center was able to perform all of this work quickly and economically, getting CoxHealth back in the air with their aircraft flying like new.”
MDHI’s Factory Service Center provides high quality repair and overhaul services for its complete line of aircraft, including restoring or exchanging parts from an extensive pool of transmissions, rotorhubs, and swashplates. From routine inspections and overhauls to refurbishment and upgrades, engineers and technicians at the service center return all aircraft to “practically new” condition.
The MD 902, featuring MDHI’s proprietary NOTAR® technology, offers improved safety, a larger cabin, smoother flight, and a reduced noise profile versus other helicopters in its class. This combination enables in-flight medical crews to safely and rapidly deliver the vital critical care that could be the difference between life and death.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)