S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is pleased announce they have delivered 7 custom cowling racks for the scheduled preventive maintenance inspections of the AH64 to the US Army, Fort Hood. The custom designed racks are part of the ongoing US Army / S.A.F.E. project to redesign the maintenance hangar to be more ergonomic and efficient. The custom racks allow each removed part to have a specific storage location during maintenance. These locations are easily accessed based on the size and weight of each part. The custom racks increase the efficiency of crew and provide secure organization to ensure a safe and effective inspection.
S.A.F.E. has additional custom maintenance equipment currently in production for the US Army AH64 fleet. The equipment will be delivered over the next few months. The new maintenance equipment and unique cowling racks along with S.A.F.E custom AH64 maintenance stands provide the US Army with a new ergonomic facility in the support of the AH64 helicopter.
“We are proud to work side by side with the US Army, Fort Hood on this project” stated Johnny Buscema, S.A.F.E. CEO. “The goal of the US Army is to increase safety and efficiency through ergonomic tooling. That is our goal on every project we undertake. We work closely with all our customers to develop the perfect safe solution.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a virtual Maintenance Safety Symposium on September 23. Information and registration is available on their website. The Symposium will provide safety information, resources, solutions and networking opportunities for all helicopter mechanics.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- WellSpan Health and Air Methods announces launch of WellFlight Air Ambulance
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award