S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is pleased announce they have delivered 7 custom cowling racks for the scheduled preventive maintenance inspections of the AH64 to the US Army, Fort Hood. The custom designed racks are part of the ongoing US Army / S.A.F.E. project to redesign the maintenance hangar to be more ergonomic and efficient. The custom racks allow each removed part to have a specific storage location during maintenance. These locations are easily accessed based on the size and weight of each part. The custom racks increase the efficiency of crew and provide secure organization to ensure a safe and effective inspection.
S.A.F.E. has additional custom maintenance equipment currently in production for the US Army AH64 fleet. The equipment will be delivered over the next few months. The new maintenance equipment and unique cowling racks along with S.A.F.E custom AH64 maintenance stands provide the US Army with a new ergonomic facility in the support of the AH64 helicopter.
“We are proud to work side by side with the US Army, Fort Hood on this project” stated Johnny Buscema, S.A.F.E. CEO. “The goal of the US Army is to increase safety and efficiency through ergonomic tooling. That is our goal on every project we undertake. We work closely with all our customers to develop the perfect safe solution.”
S.A.F.E. will be hosting a virtual Maintenance Safety Symposium on September 23. Information and registration is available on their website. The Symposium will provide safety information, resources, solutions and networking opportunities for all helicopter mechanics.
S.A.F.E. Structure Designs is the global leader in maintenance support equipment that strives to put safety first, S.A.F.E. listens to the needs of the maintenance teams and designs custom equipment to the exact specifications that consider realistic ergonomic factors as well as efficiency. S.A.F.E provides the answers to the unique challenges of working on complex aircraft.
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation