Bundaberg emergency services and RACQ LifeFlight Rescue have come together to drive home important safety messages, to launch Queensland Road Safety Week 2020.
Queensland Police Service officers, Queensland Fire and Emergency Service personnel and Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) paramedics regularly work together with rescue helicopter crews to assist crash victims across the region.
Today, they joined forces to share crucial safety messages, aiming to prevent crashes and save lives.
Motor vehicle accidents were the top mission type for the Bundaberg RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter, throughout the last financial year (2019-2020), with crews being called to 44 crashes.
Bundaberg RACQ LifeFlight Rescue Pilot Franco Bertoli urged all road users to take responsibility for their actions and put safety first, every time they’re behind the wheel.
“Please drive safely, drive to the conditions, look after yourselves and the people around you, keep situational awareness and your wits about you,” Mr Bertoli said.
“It’s not only yourself, you’re also looking out for other drivers that might be doing silly things, so please be safe on the roads,” he said.
“We’re all trying to work as one to save lives out on the roads, we’ve each got our own tasks to do to help the community.”
Residents are being asked to ‘sign up for road safety’ and share their own safety messages, on the Queensland Government’s Street Smarts QLD website: https://streetsmarts.initiatives.qld.gov.au/qrsw-2020
- WellSpan Health and Air Methods announces launch of WellFlight Air Ambulance
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award