Bundaberg emergency services and RACQ LifeFlight Rescue have come together to drive home important safety messages, to launch Queensland Road Safety Week 2020.
Queensland Police Service officers, Queensland Fire and Emergency Service personnel and Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) paramedics regularly work together with rescue helicopter crews to assist crash victims across the region.
Today, they joined forces to share crucial safety messages, aiming to prevent crashes and save lives.
Motor vehicle accidents were the top mission type for the Bundaberg RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter, throughout the last financial year (2019-2020), with crews being called to 44 crashes.
Bundaberg RACQ LifeFlight Rescue Pilot Franco Bertoli urged all road users to take responsibility for their actions and put safety first, every time they’re behind the wheel.
“Please drive safely, drive to the conditions, look after yourselves and the people around you, keep situational awareness and your wits about you,” Mr Bertoli said.
“It’s not only yourself, you’re also looking out for other drivers that might be doing silly things, so please be safe on the roads,” he said.
“We’re all trying to work as one to save lives out on the roads, we’ve each got our own tasks to do to help the community.”
Residents are being asked to ‘sign up for road safety’ and share their own safety messages, on the Queensland Government’s Street Smarts QLD website: https://streetsmarts.initiatives.qld.gov.au/qrsw-2020
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual