Summit Aviation, a Greenwich AeroGroup company, announced that it has been awarded the Supplemental Type Certificate for the installation of Garmin’s G500H TXi Flight Display System on MDHI 500N series aircraft.
The latest in electronic glass cockpit instrumentation, the G500H TXi brings increased levels of reliability, adaptability and affordability to helicopter operations. Available in both portrait and landscape options, the system provides bright, crisp touch-screen displays. It allows you to use familiar knobs and/or touch-screen inputs to quickly access the functions, screen views and other flight information the pilot wants to see most prominently.
Summit recently installed the G500H TXi display system on two of Maryland’s Prince George’s County Police Department’s MD 520N Helicopters.
“We are excited to continue in our support of aviation law enforcement,” said Director of Sales and Marketing for Summit Aviation John Gonsalves. “The Garmin G500H TXi Flight Display System is a game changer for the critical services our customers provide every day.”
For mission readiness, the G500H TXi is equipped with a five-color Helicopter Terrain Awareness and Warning System1 (HTAWS), WireAware wire-strike avoidance technology and Garmin HSVT 3-D synthetic vision. The G500H TXi also features multiple video input options, night vision goggle (NVG) compatibility and a graphical map overlay within the horizontal situation indicator (HSI) for most display formats.
Summit Aviation is a Garmin authorized dealer and installer.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires