Following a comprehensive recruitment process and worldwide search, Ornge is pleased to announced the appointment of Dr. Bruce Sawadsky as Chief Medical Officer for Ornge.
Dr Sawadsky has 20+ years of leadership within the provincial air ambulance program, including his role as Acting CMO since January, in addition to his role as a Transport Medicine Physician and Medical Director, as well as the Chair of Ornge’s Medical Advisory Committee.
Dr. Sawadsky is a graduate of McMaster University’s Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine. Outside of Ornge, he has been a Staff Emergency Physician at Sunnybrook Health Science Centre since 1996, and the Medical Director of Ontario’s Emergency Medical Assistance Team (EMAT) since its inception in 2008. His primary focus is clinical care provided in austere environments such as transport and disaster medicine as well as the measurement of quality of care and simulation based training.
“Dr. Sawadsky has a strong knowledge of the complexities of the Ontario healthcare system, and a compelling vision for Ornge’s role within this system. In addition, his exceptional and calm handling of the onset of COVID-19 this year put Ornge on a strong footing to handle the crisis.” said Dr. Homer Tien, Ornge President and CEO. “I look forward to working with Bruce as we navigate the challenges ahead.”
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation
- Electric VTOL Aircraft Developments Advancing Despite Pandemic