Following a comprehensive recruitment process and worldwide search, Ornge is pleased to announced the appointment of Dr. Bruce Sawadsky as Chief Medical Officer for Ornge.
Dr Sawadsky has 20+ years of leadership within the provincial air ambulance program, including his role as Acting CMO since January, in addition to his role as a Transport Medicine Physician and Medical Director, as well as the Chair of Ornge’s Medical Advisory Committee.
Dr. Sawadsky is a graduate of McMaster University’s Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine. Outside of Ornge, he has been a Staff Emergency Physician at Sunnybrook Health Science Centre since 1996, and the Medical Director of Ontario’s Emergency Medical Assistance Team (EMAT) since its inception in 2008. His primary focus is clinical care provided in austere environments such as transport and disaster medicine as well as the measurement of quality of care and simulation based training.
“Dr. Sawadsky has a strong knowledge of the complexities of the Ontario healthcare system, and a compelling vision for Ornge’s role within this system. In addition, his exceptional and calm handling of the onset of COVID-19 this year put Ornge on a strong footing to handle the crisis.” said Dr. Homer Tien, Ornge President and CEO. “I look forward to working with Bruce as we navigate the challenges ahead.”
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires