Guardian Flight announced the opening of its newest emergency air medical transport base in Alamosa, Colo. The new helicopter base provides air medical transport services 24-hours a day, seven days a week to the communities of Alamosa County and the San Luis Valley.
“Our Alamosa fixed-wing team has built strong bonds in the local community, and with our valued partners in care,” said Vicky Spediacci, Air Chief Operating Officer for Global Medical Response, West Group. “We are thrilled to strengthen those connections and provide additional support to the region through the opening of this base.”
The new base is staffed by highly trained and experienced pilots, flight nurses, and flight paramedics, and is maintained by on-site aviation maintenance technicians. The Airbus H-125 helicopter operated at this base is medically configured with the latest avionics and safety features.
Guardian Flight operates additional fixed-wing air medical bases throughout the state, with locations in Alamosa, Del Norte, and Denver. The proximity of these bases allows for additional air transport coverage in the region when an asset is already in service on another call.
“We are excited and honored to partner with Guardian Flight in bringing a helicopter to our community,” Konnie Martin, Chief Executive Officer for San Luis Valley Health, said. “We know that in some medical emergencies, time can be critical. By having a helicopter here, we can get patients to our facility quicker, and when needed, get them to a higher level of care. We at SLV Health work each day at being a trusted partner in health for the San Luis Valley.”
Guardian Flight is a participating provider in the AirMedCare Network (AMCN), the nation’s largest air medical transport membership program with more than 320 air medical locations across 38 states. Members flown for a life- or limb-threatening injury or illness by an AMCN participating provider have no out-of-pocket costs for the flight. Whatever the member’s insurance – or third-party insurance – pays is considered payment in full. Annual memberships start at $65.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires