Penzance Helicopters is (on 12th September 2020) introducing the Leonardo AW139 to the recently re-launched Isles of Scilly service, flying from Penzance direct to Tresco and St Mary’s.
The best-in-class aircraft sets the benchmark for passenger safety and comfort. With 15 ergonomically designed seats and large cabin windows, it treats passengers to unobstructed views of the route’s breathtaking coastal scenery and offers the ultimate – and quickest – way to travel to the Islands. As a modern aircraft with low vibration, the AW139 also benefits from a lower noise signature than many other helicopters and with an enhanced resilience to a variety of weather conditions supports a reliable year-round connection.
Originally due to arrive in March for the launch of the new service but delayed by export restrictions and control measures linked to COVID-19, the introduction of the new aircraft has been much-anticipated. Jeremy Awenat, Managing Director of Sloane Helicopters, operators of the service, explains: “We are delighted to be introducing into service the state-of-the-art AW139 helicopter.”
“The helicopter link delivers significant socio-economic benefit to the Isles of Scilly and West Cornwall – especially as the area rebuilds its tourism industry – and is a crucial service to visitors and locals alike. While awaiting delivery of the helicopter we have maintained the service by operating with a fleet of interim aircraft but the AW139 is our helicopter of choice. We are looking forward to sharing the many benefits that it offers with passengers and the local community.”
Those wanting to experience the scenic 15-minute journey and enjoy the peacefulness and seclusion of the Isles of Scilly can now take advantage of last-minute day return fares recently launched by Penzance Helicopters. These flights can be booked 24-hours in advance (subject to availability) and are £125 for a same-day return. 2021 flights are now also available to book with prices starting from £129.50 one-way; more details are available online.
For more information and to book, visit www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk
- Global AirParts announces AW139 part out project
- Leonardo AW139 – EASA AD 2020-0191 : Equipment / Furnishings
- Changes coming for heliport at Macau International Airport
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union