Jobs website JSFirm reported this week that the number of applicants registering on their site for free accounts has risen by 147%, thus two and a half times the number compared to this time last year. These job seekers come from all experience levels, from recent graduates to executive-level aviation professionals, and across all facets of aviation – not just helicopters.
On working further with the company’s marketing coordinator, Lauren Miller, she advised HeliHub.com that the number of vacancies has shown a marked trend through the pandemic as well. In April and May, many employers pulled their advertising for numerous reasons, and at one point the site was 55% down on the number of available jobs when compared to the steady trend of 2019. Today they are still looking at 25% down, but that’s a remarkable improvement in 4-5 months.
Comparing the job seekers up approx 150% and the job adverts down 25%, suggests there are 3.3 times as many job seekers per job compared to 12 months ago.
It should be remembered that JSFirm is particularly strong in the US and it would be fair to suggest that this statistical conclusion is primarily the US market.
As the pandemic continues, and the airline industry looks at 4-5 years to get back to 2019 passenger volumes, it’s very clear that our industry will continue to face the crisis in one way or another for a long time yet.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight