Leading global offshore container solution provider Swire Oilfield Services has acquired Norwegian business Helifuel AS in a move which sees the Aberdeen-headquartered business strengthen its international refuelling and aviation offering.
The deal comes as Swire Oilfield Services continues to expand its services globally having also acquired specialist aviation firm Gordon Engineering Services Aberdeen Ltd (GES) in 2018.
Jonathan Hughes, Swire Oilfield Services Group General Manager Aviation Services, will head up the global service line and lead further expansion plans.
Former owner and founder of Helifuel AS, Oddvar Ostensvik, will remain with the business, along with its current management team, led by Managing Director Jorunn Håvardsholm.
Established in 1996, Helifuel AS specialises in refuelling systems and services, including design, manufacture, inspection, maintenance, training, and rental of systems for the offshore oil and gas, marine and wind industries.
Together the two companies will offer a fully integrated refuelling and aviation services business, drawing on the experience gained by both businesses in their respective markets.
Commenting on the acquisition, Swire Oilfield Services CEO, Manfred Vonlanthen said: “This move fits perfectly with our strategy to develop a high-quality, end-to-end offering for all aviation service needs across a variety of industries.
“Helifuel AS has a strong reputation in the market, and our companies’ combined portfolio of products and services, as well as both our global presences, will enable us to offer a strong value proposition to our customers around the world.
“The acquisition represents an exciting and positive step forward for the growth and diversification of Swire Oilfield Services and reinforces the continued and long-term commitment of our owners, John Swire & Sons, to our business.”
Helifuel AS’ Oddvar Ostensvik added: “Joining forces with Swire Oilfield Services will help us develop our global offering to the energy sector and allow us to continue to provide a high-quality and cost-effective service to our customers.
“We have an excellent team in place and that, combined with the financial strength and global network of Swire Oilfield Services, will provide a platform for further growth and the opportunity for greater innovation.”
Established in 1979 and operating from 61 bases, across 29 countries, Swire Oilfield Services employs over 500 personnel from all the major oil and gas regions in Europe, Africa, Middle East, North & South America and Asia-Pacific.
Founded in 1816, John Swire & Sons is a privately owned business employing 130,000 people worldwide. Its portfolio covers a variety of industries including property, aviation, food and beverage, marine services, trading and industrial.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight