Cornwall Air Ambulance is set to feature in a new TV series to showcase its lifesaving work.
The 10-part documentary for Discovery UK will follow the charity’s critical care paramedics, doctors and pilots as they attend emergencies across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The series has been filmed over the summer months- the aircrew’s busiest season. It will show real life rescue situations and highlight the effect Covid-19 has had on the service this year.
Steve Garvey, Air Operations Officer, said: “We know many people see the helicopter out and about in the summer, we often land on beaches or on the moorland, but they don’t see what happens next. This documentary will give viewers a real insight into the type of incidents we attend across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It will give our supporters, who fund this service, the chance to see where their money goes and exactly how they are helping to save lives.”
Wadebridge-based Beagle Media are behind the documentary, which involves a camera operator following the crew on daily shifts. Cameras fitted into the helicopter and special bodycams worn by paramedics help to capture different types of footage on scene.
Paula Martin, Chief Executive of Cornwall Air Ambulance, said: “What our critical care team does is amazing; they are there for people in their absolute moment of need, providing lifesaving emergency care. This year they have had an even greater challenge than normal responding to incidents during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are delighted that viewers across the country will be able to see this first-hand, to understand the difference Cornwall Air Ambulance makes to people’s lives and how important it is to support the charity. I think it’s going to be a very exciting watch.”
The series is due to air on Discovery’s Freeview digital TV channel Really in November 2020.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight