Cornwall Air Ambulance is set to feature in a new TV series to showcase its lifesaving work.
The 10-part documentary for Discovery UK will follow the charity’s critical care paramedics, doctors and pilots as they attend emergencies across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The series has been filmed over the summer months- the aircrew’s busiest season. It will show real life rescue situations and highlight the effect Covid-19 has had on the service this year.
Steve Garvey, Air Operations Officer, said: “We know many people see the helicopter out and about in the summer, we often land on beaches or on the moorland, but they don’t see what happens next. This documentary will give viewers a real insight into the type of incidents we attend across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. It will give our supporters, who fund this service, the chance to see where their money goes and exactly how they are helping to save lives.”
Wadebridge-based Beagle Media are behind the documentary, which involves a camera operator following the crew on daily shifts. Cameras fitted into the helicopter and special bodycams worn by paramedics help to capture different types of footage on scene.
Paula Martin, Chief Executive of Cornwall Air Ambulance, said: “What our critical care team does is amazing; they are there for people in their absolute moment of need, providing lifesaving emergency care. This year they have had an even greater challenge than normal responding to incidents during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are delighted that viewers across the country will be able to see this first-hand, to understand the difference Cornwall Air Ambulance makes to people’s lives and how important it is to support the charity. I think it’s going to be a very exciting watch.”
The series is due to air on Discovery’s Freeview digital TV channel Really in November 2020.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident