Thales’s Reality H® flight simulator for the new Airbus Helicopters H160 has achieved a key milestone with Level D Full Flight Simulator (FFS) certification by the French civil aviation authority (DGAC). Reality H® ensures that pilots benefit from high-level training with the most comprehensive and versatile simulation equipment on the market.
This first Reality H® simulator for the H160 is based on Airbus Helicopters flight models and the Helionix avionics suite. It features a host of Thales innovations to make training exercises more immersive and realistic than ever for pilots and instructors. These include a unique all-electric motion system to reproduce physical sensations realistically and ensure smooth movements, the intuitive Alexia touchscreen interface for instructors, 4K high-definition imagery with a wide field of view to train pilots in an even more realistic environment, high-fidelity simulation models and flight instruments, and the capacity to create a broad range of training scenarios including operational exercises in extreme conditions.
The Reality H® simulator from Thales has been installed at the Helisim centre in Marignane, near Marseille, where pilot training will now begin. Installation has been timed to coincide with the H160’s entry into service, with training sessions starting before the first helicopters are delivered to customers.
Airbus’s promising new H160 marks a new generation of civil helicopters. Joining the helicopter product range between the H145 and the H175, this innovative medium helicopter is the first of the H generation which implements new methods of design, production and support. The civil variant of the H160 is designed for such diverse roles as offshore transportation, emergency medical services, business aviation and public services.
“Reality H® is ideally suited to the type of missions flown by helicopter pilots today and the special skills they need to develop. It offers high levels of performance and unparalleled realism and flexibility,” said Peter Hitchcock, Vice President for Thales’s Training & Simulation business. “Thales’s role is to help helicopter operators and pilots prepare for their missions, and with Reality H® we’re proud to provide our customers with the solution that makes this possible.”
- New US East Coast scheduled helicopter flights to launch in June
- US Army tests UH-60 Load Stability System Litter Attachment from Vita Inclinata
- Raytheon awarded $15M more on CV-22 countermeasures contract
- Veelo Technologies Helping to Keep Aircraft Rotor Blades Out of the Oven
- Avfuel Adds Webinar and Human Factors Course to Training System
- EHang provides details of sales contracts to refute Wolfpack allegations
- Bristow closes $400M Notes offering and pays off term loans
- Whirly-Girls International release 2021 Scholarship Recipients
- SAFE wins contract for US Army UH-60 work platforms
- TKK Orders 2nd EC135 FTD from FRASCA
- Schiebel first UAS Operator in Europe to receive LUC from Austro Control
- Cornwall Air Ambulance now carries blood products
- EHang 216 AAV completes first trial flights in Beijing airspace
- Emergency Services affected by Facebook Australia news ban
- Second group of Botswana police pilots training on Enstrom 480B
- Mauritius signs helicopter lease with India
- London’s Air Ambulance extends maintenance contract with SAS
- Bell Delivers Three Huey IIs to the Lebanese Air Force
- HAL Hands Over ALHs to the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard
- HAL’s LUH Receives IOC