The Whirly-Girls Scholarship Fund Inc. announced they will be offering a new Instrument Rating scholarship in conjunction with Leading Edge Flight Academy & Central Oregon Community College (COCC) to a deserving member of Whirly-Girls International for 2021.
This scholarship provides the opportunity to receive a helicopter instrument rating training course. Leading Edge Flight Academy will provide 21 hours of flight training in the Robinson R44 and 30 hours of ground instruction. COCC will provide 14 hours of flight training in an Advanced Aviation Training Device (simulator). Training will take place in Bend, Oregon, USA and the course is valued at approximately $16,725.
“Together with our newest contributor, Leading Edge Flight Academy and COCC, we are pleased to offer an instrument rating scholarship in our program this year” said Joni Schultz, President of Whirly-Girls International. “The training the recipient will receive is incredibly valuable, life-saving valuable. We appreciate the efforts of all parties responsible for making this opportunity possible. This scholarship adds great value in the 2021 scholarship program. To quote Helen Keller “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.””
“Leading Edge Flight Academy, in partnership with COCC, is very happy to announce the new Instrument Rating Scholarship. We are excited to be joining the list of Whirly Girl contributors and help advance women pilots in the industry. The recipient will receive the required training for a helicopter instrument rating, gaining the invaluable skills necessary to become a better, safer pilot. At Leading Edge, we instill our values of safety and professionalism with each student we graduate through a course; helping the aviation community grow, one success story at a time.” Said Nicole Orlich, Director of Flight Operations for Leading Edge Flight Academy.
“Leading Edge Flight Academy’s commitment to safety and professionalism contributes an essential element to the Central Oregon Community College Aviation Program,” said Karl Baldessari, the Aviation Program Director at COCC. “The long-standing relationship between the two organizations strengthens all aspects of the programs to a point of national recognition. Through scholarships like this, Leading Edge continues to support college, and industry goals of equal access to an education of choice, and diversity in the workforce. “
All active members of Whirly-Girls International in good standing at the time of application who hold at least a private pilot certificate/license will be eligible to apply for the scholarship. Application details can be found at https://whirlygirls.org/scholarship-offerings-and-requirements-scholarships/.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight