The Wyoming Army National Guard’s G Company, 2nd Battalion, 211th Aviation Regiment was activated by Gov. Mark Gordon Sept. 10, to provide support for firefighting efforts in California.
One UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter and four crew members left Thursday and will be operating from Mather Airport near Sacramento. The helicopter and crew are expected to be in the area until Sept. 25 unless extended by request.
The Black Hawk is equipped with a collapsible Bambi Bucket, a fire suppression system, which holds approximately 660 gallons of water. They will be used to drop water on hot spots that are difficult for ground crews to access.
“Our highly trained and experienced Soldiers continue to be a sword and shield for the state and nation when called upon,” said Maj. Gen. Greg Porter, adjutant general of Wyoming. “We have the capability to aid another state in need and provide another resource to California and their citizens to help mitigate the loss of life and property during what is now been
characterized as California’s worst fire season on record.”
The activation is in conjunction with National Guard Support to Civil Authorities (NGSCA) and the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC). EMAC is an all-hazards – all disciplines mutual aid compact that serves as the cornerstone of the nation’s mutual aid system. EMAC offers assistance during governor-declared states of emergency or disaster through a responsive, straightforward system that allows states to send personnel, equipment, and commodities to assist with response and recovery efforts in other states. The National Guard deploys through EMAC in both State Active Duty and Title 32 statuses to assist the Member States.
“I know the people of Wyoming will join me in wishing them a safe journey and safe work,” Gov. Mark Gordon said in a press briefing on Wednesday.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight