Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE:TXT) company, announced the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X program has accumulated more than 50,000 flight hours. More than 260 Bell 505s are operating a variety of missions across six continents and 55 countries.
Notable deliveries this year have included, Southern Utah University, Centaurium and public safety configured Bell 505s to Leon County and Alameda County.
“Operators around the world continue to compliment the aircraft performance and value in adding a Bell 505 to their daily operations,” said Eric Sinusas, program director, Light Aircraft, Bell. “This milestone represents the platform’s global growth and adoption as it enables operators to complete dynamic missions at an affordable cost.”
One Italy based operator, Elicompany flies the Bell 505 nearly 1,000 flight hours per year.
“Another thing to look at is the reliability of the helicopter,” said Cristian Forghieri co-owner of Elicompany, and flight operations director. “We’ve experienced very low maintenance and essentially no time grounded. We’ve logged an excess of 1,100 hours to date. We are really happy because when we plan it, the Bell 505 can do it.”
With a speed of 125 knots (232 km/h) and useful load of 1,500 pounds (680 kg), the Bell 505 is Bell’s new five-seat aircraft designed for safety, efficiency and reliability using advanced avionics technology. It incorporates proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Safran Arrius 2R engine and best-in-class value.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight