Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced a collaboration agreement with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG) to install their Mission Management System in a Bell 429 as a law enforcement demonstrator. This new demonstrator will be used to showcase the aircraft’s capabilities to the police and military markets in Europe and across the globe.
“With the Bell 429 certified to the latest certification standards in its class, combined with market-leading customer support – it was imperative to team up with a top German technology company such as ESG,” said Duncan Van De Velde, Managing Director, Europe & Russia. “Bell and ESG are committed to providing the best solution to the parapublic market and will work together to showcase this offering.”
For more than 50 years, ESG has been developing, integrating, and operating complex and security-related electronic and IT systems for the military, public authorities and companies. ESG is a leading international system and software company based in Munich, Germany. It provides development and service processes for software-intensive, complex, high-tech and security-related products.
“We are excited for this collaboration with Bell,” said Daniel Högemann, Project Manager Mission & New Generation Helicopters, ESG. “By pairing our Mission Management System with the reliable Bell 429, we believe we can provide the best parapublic solution to the region.”
With over 400 Bell 429s around the globe and 100 located in Europe, the aircraft has been one of the most successful light twin helicopters on the market since its certification in 2009.The Bell 429 is a proven system that is operated by premier law enforcement and for search and rescue missions with customers in Europe and around the world.
For police and military missions, the surveillance system is one of the most important items of equipment on the helicopter. In order to conduct the mission, the customer must have confidence that the system can perform in an emergency situation. ESG’s Mission Management System has set the standard for police surveillance missions by providing state-of-the-art integration of mission equipment. Customers will be able to have the option to purchase the ESG system with their new helicopter directly from Bell together as one purchase.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight