GVH Aerospace’s sea tray product has been selected by Leonardo for the AW101 Norwegian All Weather Search and Rescue Helicopter (NAWSARH). The sea tray will be used by the Norwegian Air Force for the helicopter’s search and rescue and airborne ambulance role.
The GVH Aerospace sea tray product will be customised to meet the operational requirements of the Norwegian Air Force. The Norwegian Air Force joins the Australian Defence Force, Korean Coast Guard, the French Navy and major global helicopter service providers as operators of the product. The Norwegian AW101 sea tray is designed to be installed and removed in flight and packed away for storage onboard.
“We are pleased to partner with Leonardo’s team to supply our sea tray product as part of the NAWSARH programme,” said Gareth Dyer, CEO, GVH Aerospace. The sea tray will provide them with an advantage to respond to the challenges they face within the vital search and rescue role they play. We worked very closely with Leonardo and the end user to understand their concept of operations and cabin workflow to ensure that the product will achieve their operational requirements.”
The fleet of 16 AW101 replaces the Sea King in the search and rescue role and commenced operations in September 2020.
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- 15-Jan-21 PH-TTR Airbus H135 Almere, Netherlands
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident