GVH Aerospace’s sea tray product has been selected by Leonardo for the AW101 Norwegian All Weather Search and Rescue Helicopter (NAWSARH). The sea tray will be used by the Norwegian Air Force for the helicopter’s search and rescue and airborne ambulance role.
The GVH Aerospace sea tray product will be customised to meet the operational requirements of the Norwegian Air Force. The Norwegian Air Force joins the Australian Defence Force, Korean Coast Guard, the French Navy and major global helicopter service providers as operators of the product. The Norwegian AW101 sea tray is designed to be installed and removed in flight and packed away for storage onboard.
“We are pleased to partner with Leonardo’s team to supply our sea tray product as part of the NAWSARH programme,” said Gareth Dyer, CEO, GVH Aerospace. The sea tray will provide them with an advantage to respond to the challenges they face within the vital search and rescue role they play. We worked very closely with Leonardo and the end user to understand their concept of operations and cabin workflow to ensure that the product will achieve their operational requirements.”
The fleet of 16 AW101 replaces the Sea King in the search and rescue role and commenced operations in September 2020.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight