Schiebel, together with partners Nordic Unmanned and the NORCE Research Institute AS, is operating the CAMCOPTER® S-100 to monitor ship emissions for French Maritime Authorities.
The service providers for this French deployment cover ship sulphur emission monitoring in one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes in the strait of Pas-de-Calais. The operation started on 23 September and will run for three months.
The Unmanned Air System (UAS) CAMCOPTER® S-100 specifically measures the ships’ sulphur emissions to check compliance with the EU rules governing the sulphur content of marine fuels. Measurements are transmitted in real time through the EMSA RPAS Data Centre to the relevant authorities.
The Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) service is offered by the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA). As part of this contract, Schiebel provides various maritime surveillance services for EMSA to several EU member states and EU bodies. Currently, the CAMCOPTER® S-100 is also operational in Denmark for emission monitoring purposes, as well as in Finland supporting coast guard functions.
In addition to the EMSA contract, the S-100 is being operated by the French Navy to conduct maritime surveillance.
The S-100 has a flight endurance of more than six hours and operates day and night. It is equipped with an Explicit mini sniffer sensor system, an Electro-Optical / Infra-Red (EO/IR) camera gimbal and an Automatic Identification System (AIS) receiver.
Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group, said: “Due to its multi-payload capacity, the applications for the S-100 are limitless. The sulphur sniffing capability is one of the latest innovations and we are very proud to play such an important role in enforcing marine fuel sulphur content regulations.”
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight