The Professional Helicopter Pilots Association (PHPA) was established in the 1960’s in Southern California. Our mission has always been to advocate for the safe operation of helicopters in our region, education of helicopter pilots, and the promotion of our industry. We are a proud affiliate member of Helicopter Association International (HAI) and work with them regularly to assist them with any helicopter related issues on the West Coast of the United States.
We would like to inform our members and the helicopter community that we are embarking on some exciting changes. The most dramatic of those changes is our name change to the Southern California Rotorcraft Association, or SoCal Rotors for short. The first visible step in this process will be the unveiling of our new logo in the coming weeks.
We believe the name change better represents our roots in Southern California. Rest assured our mission will remain the same and the personnel on our Board of Directors did not change. We are enthusiastic about this re-branding and expect it will come with expanded services for our members as well as exciting changes to our website.
Please be assured that the transition from our previous name to the new one will be seamless and all PHPA correspondence, digital or otherwise, will directly forward to SoCal Rotors.
Stay tuned for more information. We value our members and appreciate the loyalty exhibited by them, both corporate and individual, over the years. Please enjoy this exciting journey we will all embark on together!
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight