Milestone Aviation and Airbus Helicopters have agreed to include six H160s in Milestone’s orderbook. The helicopters will be destined for a range of missions including offshore transportation and emergency medical services, the first of which is set to deliver in 2023.
“Today’s announcement will see us enhance our orderbook to include the H160 which we believe will be an important player in the market in the years ahead. It is a versatile, multi-mission aircraft with the opportunity to be used in a number of scenarios, particularly serving EMS operations. It will be a valuable addition to our fleet and we’re already in discussion with operators to place the aircraft into service as soon as they are available,” said Pat Sheedy, CEO of Milestone.
“We are proud that a longstanding customer such as Milestone is renewing its trust once again in Airbus helicopters. I am convinced that the level of innovation that the H160 brings to the market, whether it is passenger comfort, advanced pilot assistance, or its competiveness thanks to its increased fuel efficiency and simplified maintenance eco-system, combined with its inherent flexibility will make it a valuable asset to their operations,” said Bruno Even, Airbus Helicopters CEO.
With 68 patents, the H160 integrates Airbus Helicopters’ latest technological innovations aimed at providing passengers with superior comfort thanks to the sound-reducing Blue Edge blades and superb external visibility for both passengers and pilots, not to mention the additional safety features provided by Helionix’s accrued pilot assistance features. The aircraft’s compact size will be an added advantage to landing on oil platforms as well as hospital heli-decks.
Milestone Aviation Group, a GECAS company, is the world’s leading helicopter leasing and financing company. Milestone has a fleet of helicopters worth over US $5 billion plus a loan portfolio of approximately $300 million. Milestone partners with helicopter operators worldwide, providing a wide array of financial and productivity solutions, including operating leases, purchase/leasebacks, secured debt financing, engine leasing and fleet advisory. The company supports over 45 customers in more than 30 countries serving a variety of industries, including offshore oil and gas, search and rescue, emergency medical services, police surveillance, mining and other utility missions. www.milestoneaviation.com
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- Héli-Union to purchase two Airbus H160
- Airbus opens up on details of H160 simulator
- Cobham to be Line Fit on the Airbus H160
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for French Navy H160
- Italian order highlights continuing success of ACH160
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- French Navy to receive four H160s in 2022 for SAR missions
- Airbus provide update on H160 military program
- Shell Aircraft to be first H160 offshore operator
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- France brings forward H160M Joint Light Helicopter programme
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Airbus H160 handles Finland’s winter
- Airbus Helicopters unveils H160 air medical cabin concept by Metro Aviation
- First serial H160 takes to the skies
- HCare services at Helitech 2018
- First H160 pre-assembled rear fuselage is plug and play ready
- 50th anniversary of the trademark Fenestron