has been awarded a contract extension to continue delivering search and rescue (SAR) helicopter service for HM Coastguard, the emergency response service of the (MCA).
Bristow will continue its role as a key enabler in the search and rescue community under an extended contract confirmed by the MCA. The UK’s current commercial contract for search and rescue helicopter service provision to HM Coastguard was awarded to Bristow in March 2013. The extended contract will run through 31 December 2026 and will facilitate the procurement process for the next contract, known as the UKSAR2G programme.
“Our specialist teams have worked tirelessly, diligently and with unquestionable pride to ensure the transition from a military and coastguard operation to a fully commercialised SAR helicopter service,” said Alan Corbett, chief executive of Bristow Helicopters Limited and Senior Vice President for Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Search and Rescue.
“We have, throughout the years since, committed ourselves to delivering a service that is equal to or better than that which it replaced. The post-implementation report commissioned by the MCA, prepared by QinetiQ, confirms the success of that process, and the achievement of many of the goals identified as key measures of success,” he said.
“Bristow remains fully committed to working with the MCA to realise its remaining goals. The extension of the current contract allows us to cost-effectively introduce new capabilities into the existing helicopter fleet and to explore technologies which may be of benefit in future contracts.”
Employing approximately 360 people, Bristow operates from 10 strategically located SAR helicopter bases around the UK on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard to respond to all SAR incidents for the whole of the UK.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine