has been awarded a contract extension to continue delivering search and rescue (SAR) helicopter service for HM Coastguard, the emergency response service of the (MCA).
Bristow will continue its role as a key enabler in the search and rescue community under an extended contract confirmed by the MCA. The UK’s current commercial contract for search and rescue helicopter service provision to HM Coastguard was awarded to Bristow in March 2013. The extended contract will run through 31 December 2026 and will facilitate the procurement process for the next contract, known as the UKSAR2G programme.
“Our specialist teams have worked tirelessly, diligently and with unquestionable pride to ensure the transition from a military and coastguard operation to a fully commercialised SAR helicopter service,” said Alan Corbett, chief executive of Bristow Helicopters Limited and Senior Vice President for Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Search and Rescue.
“We have, throughout the years since, committed ourselves to delivering a service that is equal to or better than that which it replaced. The post-implementation report commissioned by the MCA, prepared by QinetiQ, confirms the success of that process, and the achievement of many of the goals identified as key measures of success,” he said.
“Bristow remains fully committed to working with the MCA to realise its remaining goals. The extension of the current contract allows us to cost-effectively introduce new capabilities into the existing helicopter fleet and to explore technologies which may be of benefit in future contracts.”
Employing approximately 360 people, Bristow operates from 10 strategically located SAR helicopter bases around the UK on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard to respond to all SAR incidents for the whole of the UK.
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation