Hill Helicopters recently unveiled its disruptive, ground-up new helicopter, the HX50. The 5-seat, turbine-powered, 500-horsepower rotorcraft is the world’s first truly private, luxury helicopter crafted to deliver a whole new experience in safety, performance, adventure, comfort, and elegance.
Designed by a team of hand-selected, highly skilled engineers led by aeronautics engineer Dr. Jason Hill, Ph.D., the HX50 is a fusion of refined performance and artistic elegance. Its composite structure and rotor system, optimized engine, reimagined avionics, and elevated interior design together make the HX50 an exquisite, high tech and high-performance personal aircraft.
“The helicopter industry has long awaited an Elon Musk-style disruption that redefines the modern helicopter. The wait is over,” says Hill, founder and CEO of Hill Helicopters. “The only way to create something that is truly ground-breaking is to design from the ground up, giving equal focus to aerospace design, performance, and safety as well as to the artistic and experiential aspects, including comfort, ergonomics, intuitive technology, and luxury. The HX50 brings all of this together to deliver a truly unique aircraft and experience.”
Composite Integration are using their extensive experience in closed-mould and infusion process technology to design and manufacture tooling and first off components for the high performance composite fuselage. Following on from multiple recent projects for both process development and equipment design/manufacture in the aerospace sector, this project provides an excellent platform to demonstrate the company’s capabilities. Founded in 2002, Composite Integration has a proven track record of delivering new technologies, processes and production solutions into a wide variety of global sectors including aerospace, renewable energy, marine and automotive.
The HX50 is currently in the advanced design phase, with three prototypes scheduled to begin flight testing in 2022. The first deliveries are anticipated to take place in 2023.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine