The Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD) released its first UH-60 Victor Black Hawk helicopter for delivery.
CCAD Commander, Colonel Joseph H. Parker hosted a formal signing ceremony immediately following a walk-around of the UH-60V Black Hawk with Chief Test Pilots, Crew Chiefs and the Director of Aircraft Production.
In a recent news release Colonel Joseph H. Parker, CCAD Commander said, “This is the first of up to 760 Black Hawks that will modernize the helicopter fleet through the Army’s recapitalization program. They are Army built and Army owned.” CCAD’s recapitalization program reduces the costs of replacing aging helicopters with new ones and avoids spending approximately $9M in tax dollars with each rebuild.
Since its original induction as a UH-60 Lima (L model) airframe, CCAD configured this helicopter into the current UH-60 Victor (V model). The upgrade replaced analog display with a modern digital, open glass cockpit, which allows for an easy-to-use, integrated Pilot Vehicle Interface. The reconfiguration enhances safety and interoperability with other advanced aircraft currently on the battlefield.
The ringing of the bell that was originally onboard the USNS Corpus Christi Bay signified another milestone for Army Aviation and the Depot. “The completion of this aircraft is the first step in moving the U.S. Army forward, transitioning to Future Vertical Lift.” said Colonel Joseph H. Parker, CCAD Commander. “We couldn’t be more proud.”
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine