Air Safa Pte. Ltd., a Singapore based aircraft leasing company, has signed a purchase agreement with Airbus Helicopters for one H125 helicopter with the option to add another one in the future. The H125 will be placed on a dry lease to Indian operators for multirole missions, including passenger transportation and aerial work.
“We have chosen the H125 as the first product for our ambitious aircraft leasing business in India. This is because it has an impressive performance and is known for its power, versatility, low maintenance cost and safety features. It is the preferred choice for operators for aerial work missions,” said K Murugaperumal, Director, Air Safa. “We will continue expanding our portfolio with more Airbus helicopters to meet our customers’ requirements.”
“We welcome Air Safa as our new customer and are confident that they have selected the right product to launch their business in the country,” said Ashish Saraf, Head of Airbus Helicopters, Airbus India & South Asia. “The H125 outclasses all other products in its category and is the helicopter of choice for multirole missions. It has proven itself as a reference aircraft in the industry.
The H125 is a member of Airbus’ rugged and proven Ecureuil family, which has accumulated more than 35 million flight hours worldwide. It is a single-engine, multi-mission helicopter that can be easily reconfigured for various aerial work missions with a wide range of optional equipment depending on the environment and the mission requirement.
The H125 is a common sight at the pilgrimage areas in India. It is also being used to develop new helicopter market segments in the country, mainly geophysical surveys, power grid maintenance and emergency medical services, among others. The optimised cabin of the H125 features a flat floor that can be easily and quickly reconfigured for various mission types. It features dual hydraulics, dual channel engine FADEC, a crash resistant fuel system, and advanced glass-panel cockpit displays. Some 6,500 helicopters of the Ecureuil family have been delivered in nearly 120 countries for more than 1,900 operators.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine