London Oxford Airport based MyHeli is the UK’s newest helicopter charter operator offering a fleet of six stylishly refurbished Leonardo AW109s.
Founded by renowned aviation entrepreneur Dustin Dryden, the company will form part of Dryden’s Volare Aviation Group. MyHeli’s AOC was awarded by the Civil Aviation Authority at the end of September and the team is now finalising technology to allow users to book its helicopters by app.
Bucking many 2020 trends, Volare Aviation was able to expand its workforce during the pandemic and in March appointed former Flybe Director of Operations, Warren Gravell to the position of CEO and AOC Accountable Manager for both Volare and MyHeli.
Having worked in all sectors of aviation across five continents, Warren brings 30 years plus of experience in aviation to the business. Warren first worked with Dustin as Director of Operations in International Jet Club from 2012-16 and said of his new role: “Dustin has always been an innovator in the UK aviation space and I’m particularly looking forward to working together again in the dynamic businesses he’s created in Volare and MyHeli”.
From its 16,000 sq ft hangar in London Oxford airport, Volare Aviation specialises in refurbishments and the installation of new avionics on Hawker and Challenger jets, as well as executive helicopters. The company, which employs over 60 people, also runs its own in-house trim facility, engineering training school, charter services and end to end aircraft management.
Reproduced from Resilient Aviation with permission
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine