Airbus are reporting new customers in North America and Asia Pacific over the coming months for the ACH130 Aston Martin Edition. Launched in January, this model is a stylish special version of the ACH130 featuring a range of interior and exterior designs created by Aston Martin to delight helicopter owners who appreciate the thrill of piloting and the pleasure of driving luxury sports cars.
In Latin America the ACH130 Aston Martin Edition has entered service with an undisclosed VIP customer in Guatemala. (HeliHub.com editor note – this is the original demonstrator aircraft as shown at Heli-Expo 2020 – photo below – which was sold to a UK operator who then sold it on to Guatemala where it flies on the FAA registration N130GB).
Another example of this exceptional model in Asia Pacific has been ordered by an existing Airbus customer in New Zealand. It will be used privately as well as on VIP charter operations.
Most recently another undisclosed private customer in Canada has ordered the third example which will be completed by skilled craftsmen and women in the UK, where Airbus manages and engineers this Edition, and finally delivered from the Airbus Customer Centre in Fort Erie, Canada.
The aeronautical designers at Airbus Corporate Helicopters (ACH) and the automotive designers at Aston Martin worked closely together for over a year, marrying ACH’s key values of excellence, quality and service with Aston Martin’s commitment to beauty, handcrafting and automotive art to bring a new level of aesthetics and rigorous attention to detail to the single-engine helicopter market.
Frédéric Lemos, Head of ACH, said: “We are delighted with the market reaction to this superb new helicopter. These orders across the world, clearly demonstrate the excitement generated by our collaboration with Aston Martin.”
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms