HNLMS Groningen will have access to an NH90 maritime combat helicopter again after 2.5 months. This morning a plane took off by air to the Caribbean. The helicopter replaces the one that crashed in July.
The NH90 has been prepared for air transport at Eindhoven Air Base in recent days. The aircraft was already loaded into a C-17 transport aircraft yesterday. That aircraft is 1 of the 3 aircraft of the joint NATO Heavy Airlift Wing program.
It is not common for Defense to fly in helicopters by air transport. Normally, the aircraft sails with the patrol vessel that goes to the deployment area, but because of the pilot, the substitute crew has deviated from this.
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- 21-Oct-20 N716VL Bell 206B Jones Inlet, US-New York
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine