Astronics Corporation (Nasdaq: ATRO), a leading provider of advanced technologies for the global aerospace, defense and other mission critical industries, announced today that the Unites States and Canada approved Astronics’ Max-Viz 1400 and 1200 Enhanced Vision Systems (EVS) for Airbus Helicopter’s AS350 Écureuil.
In cooperation with AVIO dg in Calgary, Canada, Astronics obtained the Supplemental Type Certificates for its Max‑Viz 1400 and 1200 EVS from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Transport Canada Civil Aviation (TCCA) for approved models which are the Airbus Écureuil AS350B, AS350B1, AS350B2, AS350B3, AS350BA, and AS350BD.
“Our EVS is perfectly suited for aerial firefighting, heli-skiing, search and rescue, and utility operations. The Astronics Max-Viz technology provides pilots with an unprecedented level of situational awareness and safety,” stated Tom Geiger, Max-Viz Business Unit Director for Astronics.
“We worked closely with AVIO dg to get this terrific technology approved for daily missions on AS350s.” he added.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight