Lufthansa Aviation Training’s first own helicopter full flight simulator, designed and manufactured by Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH (RST), has received EASA Level D qualification by the German Federal Aviation Office (Luftfahrt-Bundesamt / LBA) on 27 August 2020.
The helicopter full flight simulator (FFS) manufactured by RST is equipped with an interchangeable H135/H145 cockpit (H135 to follow in early 2021). In addition, the FFS features a Third Crew Member Station, utilizing virtual reality technology to train crew coordination during the abseiling from a helicopter. Pilots can bring their own night vision goggles and thus enhance the realism of the mission. The helicopter simulator designed by RST sets new training standards featuring a 240 x 80 degree out-of-the-window view direct projection via high-resolution LED video projectors and an intuitive Instructor Operating Station (IOS).
Launching its first H145 helicopter FFS, Lufthansa Aviation Training expands its training portfolio in this segment, satisfying the high demand for training opportunities of Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) crews.
“Pilot training is of utmost importance for flight safety. The company focuses on solutions tackling the challenges of training highly-specialised crews of rescue helicopters who need to be prepared for anything, anytime. We are honoured to be part of the team with Lufthansa Aviation Training and the DRF and are extremely happy that we were able to bring this product to its successful qualification without any delay caused by the pandemic”, explains Dr. Roman Sperl, CEO at Reiser Simulation and Training GmbH.
- Simaero acquires AS332M1 Full Flight Simulator
- Summit Aviation Receives Garmin Bronze Dealer Award
- DRF Christoph Weser to upgrade Bremen air ambulance to EC145
- British military Joint Helicopter Command sustain airpower operation in Mali
- Air Methods Announces Partnership with MountainStar Healthcare
- HAI Extends Nomination Period for Salute to Excellence Awards
- Malta-Gozo helicopter contract falls through
- Bristow announces FY2021 Q2 release call date
- FreeFlight Systems Hires New Director of Sales
- Uavos Continues To Implement Its Unmanned Aircraft Conversion Program
- EHang to benefit as China approves Unmanned Civil Aviation Experimental Zones
- Volocopter and Lufthansa Industry Solutions cooperate to build VoloIQ
- Babcock Australasia improves access to emergency medical services
- Dimerco wins contract to ship 30 Bell 407s from Canada to China
- Lockheed awarded $9M contract for engineering support of AH-1Z
- Lockheed awarded $193M contract for production and delivery of 4 MH-60R to Greece
- Quebec acquires pre-owned Airbus H145 for law enforcement
- Arrow Aviation Completes First Single Pilot IFR Bell 407 for HEMS Service
- The Ecuadorian Air Force takes delivery of their first two H145s
- Emesent is pioneering autonomous drone flight