Oil and gas helicopter service provider NHV Group has struck a deal to lease a 13,368 sq ft office and industrial unit next to Aberdeen airport.
MOVING IN: NHV Group has sub-let the industrial unit at Dyce next to Aberdeen Airport from Survitec in a deal brokered by property consultancy Vail Williams LLP.
The deal was managed by property consultancy Vail Williams LLP in conjunction with local Scottish agents FG Burnett on behalf of Survitec, the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of safety and survival solutions worldwide.
It will see NHV Group sub-let the 13,368 sq ft office and industrial unit for six years – the remaining terms of Survitec’s lease.
The detached office and warehouse building is strategically placed on the Pitmedden Road Industrial Estate at Dyce, next to Aberdeen Airport, where NHV Group operates helicopters for the offshore oil and gas industry.
Survival-One Limited (subsequently acquired by Survitec) originally took a 15-year lease on the unit from local landlord Gilcomston Investments Limited in 2011. In 2015, it went on to acquire the Survival Craft Inspectorate Ltd business, making the unit surplus to requirement when the two Aberdeen sites merged in 2017.
Vail Williams was appointed to sub-let the space and engaged local Scottish agents FG Burnett, supported by MacRoberts Solicitors to manage the process with the landlord.
Mark Llewelyn Jones, the partner at Vail Williams who oversaw the deal, said: “We are delighted to have completed this transaction in what remains a difficult market. Now, more than ever, it is important for businesses to maximise the efficiency of their property portfolios, and sub-letting surplus space can be a good way to achieve this. However, it must be done in conjunction with your landlord.”
Headquartered in Ostend, Belgium, NHV Group specialises in B2B helicopter services with a particular focus on the energy industry, making Aberdeen a strategic location for the business, where it has been based since 2015.
The deal will see NHV add to its existing heliport complex at Kirkton Drive, Dyce, which spans 2,400m² with hangar and offices, passenger terminal with check in, X-ray, security, safety equipment storage and issue, and safety briefing rooms.
Jamie John, Base Manager at NHV Group, commented: “We are excited to expand our Aberdeen facility where we currently operate a fleet of seven aircraft. Leasing the extra hangar will enable us to provide added capacity to continue offering a top-class service to our customers in close proximity to Aberdeen airport, whilst ensuring we meet requested deadlines.”
NHV is the only helicopter operator in Europe conducting operations in every oil producing country, with services including Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), Search and Rescue (SAR), offshore Wind Farms and Harbour Pilot Services.
Peter Jones, Head of Operations for Survitec concluded: “We are pleased to have secured this deal with NHV, who are a key business partner. Now concluded, this deal will allow Survitec to improve business efficiency and focus on our main business of supplying vital survival and safety solutions to the global oil, gas and marine markets.”
NHV Helicopters, who represented themselves, have since moved into the premises.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms